Our primary trace minerals.
The minerals offered in electroBlast products include electrolyte forming minerals and a Proprietary Micronutrient Blend, successful in the marketplace for over a decade. When you have a few moments, take a look below to find out more about electroBlast. Electrolytes, derived from minerals, are found in fluids within (i.e. potassium ions) and around (i.e. sodium ions) the body’s cells. When dissolved in fluids, electrolytes separate into electrically charged ions which help perform critical functions including contraction of muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, maintenance of proper bodily fluid levels, balancing the alkalinity/acidity of these fluids, enzymatic reactions. In other words, electrolytes provide billions of sparks for the body’s electrical system. This electrical system must function properly to maintain cardiovascular, respiratory, nervous, and digestive systems. The body’s electrolytes perform critical functions including:
- Contraction of muscles
- Transmission of nerve impulses
- Maintenance of proper bodily fluid levels
- Balancing alkalinity/acidity of body and intracellular fluids
- Stablize enzymatic activity (to maximize speed of chemical reactions)
electroBlast is a portable liquid concentrate offering essential minerals and including a proprietary micronutrient blend, and in the flavored product, the stevia herb. When electroBlast is pumped into water, the resultant drink is ideal for instant hydration in a refreshingly natural unflavored or tasty lemon-lime flavor.electroBlast eliminates unnecessary carbs, calories, sugar, artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors typified by many electrolyte drinks on the market today.
Proprietary Micronutrient Blend
The proprietary micronutrient blend in electroBlast has been formulated to include a balance of essential trace minerals in an ionic, bioavailable form to promote electrolytic activity. Over thirty years of research are behind this formula, and liquid supplements based on this research have been successfully sold as an electrolyte solution for over a decade. It provides the essential trace minerals listed below included in over 72 ionic trace minerals delivered for maximum absorption.
*Note: For the average person, our 2 oz. bottle can usually last 2 to 4 weeks depending on variables such as frequency of servings and number of pumps. For athletes, sports enthusiasts, pilots, people suffering with serious health problems and/or others, our 2 oz. bottle will be used up faster because of increased frequency of servings and number of pumps.
Minerals and Trace Minerals in electroBlast
- Boron plays a role in calcium and magnesium metabolism and the retention of these minerals in bones. Boron is suspected to play a role in bone strength and the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.
- Chromium is an essential nutrient required for normal sugar and fat metabolism. As an aid to glucose metabolism, chromium is essential to the regulation of blood sugar and fat metabolism.
- Chromium supplementation may be advisable if white flour and refined sugars are routinely consumed, as those foods can cause an eventual depletion in chromium reserves from the body during digestion. Some studies indicate absorption of chromium is enhanced when taken with Vitamin C.
- Cobalt. As the key mineral in the Vitamin B12 molecule, it is essential for proper nerve function and red blood cell formation.Copper has a number of important functions in the body pertaining to energy production, strengthening of connective tissue, and brain neurotransmitters, among others. It is also part of certain enzymes responsible for biochemical reactions in the body.
- Copper and zinc together are crucial to the formation of collagen, connective tissues, and the protein fibers found in bone, cartilage, and ligaments.
- Iodine. This mineral is needed for thyroid gland metabolism, as well as nerve and muscle function.
- Manganese is an essential element concentrated primarily in the bone, liver, pancreas and brain, manganese plays a role in cholesterol metabolism and normal skeletal growth and development.
- Manganese is a factor in transmitting nerve impulses to the muscles. It is an important co-factor in the key enzymes of glucose metabolism.
- Magnesium serves as a key mineral for muscles and nerves among its many roles. It facilitates about 300 basic enzymatic reactions and serves as a co-factor for numerous ATP-dependent reactions.
- Molybdenum is a component of a number of enzymes, including sulfite oxidase (deficiencies can cause metabolic disorders). It is essential in working with Vitamin B2 in the conversion of food to energy and is necessary for proper iron utilization.
- Potassium performs countless vital functions in the body supporting the nervous system, aiding in digestion, processing and storing carbohydrates, and providing electrolytic charge (ions) to the cells. Most of the total body potassium is found in muscle tissue and it is a great attractant of oxygen.
- Potassium works with sodium in the body to maintain proper body fluids distribution and blood pressure. Potassium depletion can come from excessive perspiration, intestinal tract diseases and problems, uncontrolled diabetes, and may cause fatigue and muscle cramping among other symptoms.
- Selenium plays an important role as an enzyme co-factor in reducing tissue damage from free radicals. Selenium’s antioxidant qualities in tandem with vitamins like C and E are of particular interest to athletes. Selenium helps to protect cells from environmental damage, and preliminary studies show it may help the immune system and assist in preventing cancer and other degenerative diseases.
- Silicon has shown indications of being necessary for normal growth and bone formation in animals. Growing evidence suggests it may have anti-aging properties because deficiencies of silicon apparently play a role in tissue degeneration.
- Sodium acts together with potassium to maintain proper body fluid distribution and blood pressure. It is also important in ;maintaining a proper pH balance in the body, and in facilitating the transmission of nerve impulses.People experiencing dehydration and electrolyte loss due to heavy perspiration, diarrhea, use of diuretics and other conditions may experience fatigue, muscle weakness and cramping and in severe cases convulsions.
- Zinc is essential to the proper function of many enzymes that include those involved in bone and tissue growth and repair, cell respiration, wound healing, and the regulation of heart rate and blood pressure. Together with copper, zinc is important to the formation of connective tissues and the protein fibers found in bone, cartilage, ligaments, teeth, and skin.
- Trace minerals in varying amounts: Chloride, Sodium, Calcium, Sulfur, Silica, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, Aluminum, Antimony, Barium, Bismuth, Boron, Bromine, Cadmium, Carbon, Cerium, Chromium, Cobalt, Copper, Dysprosium, Erbium, Fluoride, Gadolinium, Gallium, Germanium, Gold, Indium, Iodine, Lanthanum, Lead, Lithium, Lutetium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Nickel, Niobium, Phosphorus, Praseodymium, Rubidium, Ruthenium, Samarium, Scandium, Selenium, Silver, Strontium, Tantalum, Tellurium, Thallium, Thorium, Thulium, Tin, Titanium, Tungsten, Vanadium, Ytterbium, Yttrium, Zinc, Zirconium, Plus other minerals found in salt water.
*some formulas may contain citric acid.